- Jenita Caren Rajakumari. J, Sumathy Sudar. Colors of us [Internet]. Santa Barbara, California: De La Vista; 2020. Section B, India. Available from: http://books.apple.com/us/
- Sundar, S. Music Therapy Education in India: Developmental Perspectives. In: Goodman K. (ed) Music Therapy Education and Training: Adapting to a Changing World. Charles C Thomas; 2015. Springfield, IL. 202-16.
- Sundar S. (2020) Role of Music in Therapeutic Communication. In: Parija S., Adkoli B.(eds) Effective Communication, Springer, Singapore.
Rajkumar M, et. al. “Music Listening Intervention on Craving and Withdrawal Symptoms in Patients with Alcohol Dependence: A Randomized Controlled Trial.”IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS), 20(05), 2021, pp. 10-12.
Rajkumar M, et. al. “Effect of Adjunctive Music Listening Intervention on Craving and Withdrawal Symptoms in Patients With Alcohol Dependence: A Pilot Study.”IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS), 20(05), 2021, pp. 13-16.
- Muddana SK, Hess OM, Sundar S, Venkatesh R. Preoperative and perioperative music to reduce anxiety during first-time phacoemulsification cataract surgery in the high-volume setting: randomized controlled trial. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2020 Nov 12. doi: 10.1097/j.jcrs.
0000000000000485. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33196574.
- Ramesh B. Influence of Music as a Coping Strategy during COVID-19. J Basic Clin Appl Health Sci 2020;3(3):128–130.
- Kannan V, Sundar S, Prabhu SM, Ezhumalai G. Estimation of the effects of music therapy on the anxiety and patient’s perception during an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy procedure: a randomised controlled trial. Int J Res Med Sci 2020;8:2594-600.
- Ravikumar S, Srinivasaraghavan R, Dhandapany G, Sundar S, Soundararajan P. Vestibular stimulation with Indian hammock versus music intervention in the prevention of infantile colic in term infants: An open-labelled, randomized controlled trial. Int J PediatrAdolesc Med. 2020 Jan 22.
- Ramesh B, Sundar S, Ghose S, Damodaran G, Balasubramanian S, Govindasamy E. Evaluating the effect of music therapy on the establishment of lactogenesis and maternal breastfeeding satisfaction levels. Int.J.Med.Health res. 2020;6;05-09
- Deivasigamani D, Sreedevi A, Sundar S, Balasundaram S, Pragasam S. Evaluation of music interventions for anxiety during dermatosurgery under local anesthesia. Int J Res Dermatol 2020;6:376-82.
- Varghese J K, Sundar S, Sarkar S, Ezhumalai G.Effect of Adjuvant Music Therapy on Anxiety, Depressive Symptoms, and Cognitive Functions of Patients Receiving Electroconvulsive Therapy: A Preliminary Study. J Basic Clin Appl Health Sci 2019; XX(X): 1–4.
- Ajmera S, Sundar S, Amirtha Ganesh B, Bhavanani AB, Dayanidi G, Ezhumalai G. A comparative study on the effect of music therapy alone and a combination of music & yoga therapies on the psycho-physiological parameters of cardiac patients posted for angiography. J Basic Clin Appl Health Sci .2018;2:163-8.
- Ramesh B, Sundar S, Jayapreeta R, Samal S, Ghose S. Effects of Culture-Based Chants on Labour pain during the Latent Stage of Labour in Primigravidae Mothers: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Basic, Clinical and Applied Health Sciences.2018;2(1):16-19
- Sundar S, Parmar PN. Music therapy clinical practice and research initiatives in India: Bridge between the experiences of traditional music healing practices and its scientific validations. International Journal of Ayurveda and Pharma Research. 2018; 6(2):1-4
- Vadlamudi H, Palanisamy S, Sundar S, Rajaramalingam, Dhandapani G, Karuppiah P. The Effectiveness of Music and Mother’s Voice on Pain Reduction During Venepuncture in Neonates- A Randomized Control Trial. J. Adv. Res. 2017;5(2), 2575-2579
- Mathew D, Sundar S, Subramaniam E, Parmar PN. Music therapy as group singing improves Geriatric Depression Scale score and loneliness in institutionalized geriatric adults with mild depression: A randomized controlled study. International Journal of Educational and Psychological Researches. 2017 Jan 1;3(1):6.
- Sundar S, Ramesh B, Varathan K. Live music therapy in the waiting area of intensive care units: a novel concept for the betterment of close relatives of ICU patients. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences [Online], 4.3 (2016): 950-952. Web. 8 May. 2017
- Sundar S, Parmar PN. Music therapy: Bridging traditional healing system and modern science. Ann.SBV, July-Dec 2016;5:33-35
- Sundar S, Parmar PN. Musico genetics: A new speciality on the horizon. Ann. SBV, July-Dec 2016; 5: 31-32
- Sumathy S, Parmar PN. Effect of a Single Musical Cakra Activation Manoeuvre on Body Temperature: An Exploratory Study: Ancient Sci. Life 2016; 36:3-5.
- Sundar Sumathy, Durai Pavitra, Parmar Parin N. Indian classical music as receptive music therapy Improves Tridoshic balance and Major Depression in a pregnant International journal of Ayurveda and pharma research. 2016;4(9):8-11
- Parin PN, Sundar S. Music therapy in Neonatology: What is known and what is not known? Ann.SBV.2016;4(1):38-41
- Sundar S, Ramesh B, Dixit PB, Venkatesh S, Das P, Gunasekaran D. Live music therapy as an active focus of attention for pain and behavioural symptoms of distress during pediatric immunization. Clinical paediatrics. 2016 Jul;55(8):745-8.
- Sundar Sumathy, Srinivasan Vellore AR. International Conference on Music Therapy Proceedings Titled ” Current Trends in Music Therapy Education and Research. Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences · October 2015.
- Sundar S, Ramesh B, Rajasekaran A. Effect Of Relaxing Music On Blood Pressure And Heart Rate In Hospitalized Pre-Hypertensive Women In 3rd Trimester Of Pregnancy: A Randomized Control Study. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2015;8(5): 179-181
- Sobana R, Sundar S, Dixit P. A Study On The Effects Of Music Therapy In Patients Posted For Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. In 2015 Apl:6(2): (B) 307-313.
- Balasundaram Sivaprakash. A review of the anxiolytic effect of music and its clinical implications. Ann.SBV Jan-jun 2014;3(1)
- Balasundaram Sivaprakash, Srinivasan A R. Music and Health. An overview of Music Therapy & Music Medicine. Ann.SBV Jan-jun 2014;3(1)
- Sundar S. Understanding music therapy: Clearing misconceptions. Ann.SBV, Jan-June 2014, 3(1)
- Sobana R, Jaiganesh K, Kuzhandaivelu V, Vadivel S. A Cross-sectional Study on the Autonomic Modulations produced by music listening in anxious medical professionals. Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2014; 5(3) : 2038
- Sobana R, Jaiganesh K, Barathi P. (May 2013) Role of Rag Ahir Bhairav as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) on blood pressure in prehypertensive adults. Jour of Med Sc & Tech; 2(2); 66- 70
- Bharath P, Sobana J, Jaiganesh K, Ramesh R, Kuzhanndai Velu V. Prognosis in music therapy intervention is associated with emotional intelligence- Alexithymia spectrum. The antiseptic, 2013;(110)
- Sobana R, Jaiganesh K, Bharathi P. A Survey Of The Musical Preferences Of Young Adolescents Newly Admitted To The Medical School.J.Res.Com.Med .,2(1), 2013, 1 – 78
- Sobana R, Jaiganesh K, Bharathi P. A study on the relationship of music therapy and personality traits of neuroticism and agreeableness J.Res.Com.Med .,2(1), 2013, 1 – 78
- Bharathi P, Jaiganesh K, Sobana R, Parthasarathy S. Effect of the Indian Raga. Bageshri on the body temperature of cancer patients on chemotherapy. Int J Cur Sci Res. 2012; 2(1): 243-245
- Bharath P, Sobana J, Jaiganesh K, Parthasarathy S, Vadivel S. Effect Of Rag Neelambari On Certain Physiological And Behavioral Parameters Of Preterm Infants. Asian Journal Of Paediatric Practice, Vol. 16, No. 2, 2012
International Conference Presentations/Abstract Publications
- Sundar Sumathy. Music Therapy Clinical Practice and Research Perspectives: Indian Context, Asian Confederation of Music Therapy. Taipei, Taiwan Nov. 18-20 2016 available at http://english.amtc.asia/speakers/dr-sumathy-sundar/
- Sundar Sumathy. Integrating cultural music therapy approaches with pregnant women in antenatal wards in a south Indian Hospital. 4th International Conference on Music and Medicine. Beijing, June 15, 2016. International Association for Music and Medicine available at http://iammchina.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ABSTRACT-Sumathy-Sundar.pdf
- Sundar S. Current Research Initiatives in Music Therapy at SBV. Proceedings of 3rd International Conference of Music Therapy. “Best Practised Models of Music Therapy Clinical Practice and Research. Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondicherry, India. 16 Feb. 2016. 29-35
- Sundar S. The role of traditions in the therapeutic relationship maintained by the therapist and the client during the music therapy process. “Best Practice Day in Music Therapy” The IMC University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria, Nov. 2015 available at http://www.bestpracticeday.at/fileadmin/download/Sumaty_Sundar_CV_Abstract.pdf
- Sundar S. The Science of music and music therapy. Key note address. International Conference on Science of music. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/282218060_Key_Note_Address_The_Science_of_Music_and_Music_Therapy
- Sundar S. Understanding the evidence-based practice of music therapy. Indo-Global Education Summit and Expo. 2014. Hyderabad. 11, Sep. 2014. Available at http://www.indus.org/healthcare/Secientific%20Sessions/Dr.%20Sumathy%20Sundar%20-%20Understanding%20Music%20Therapy%20as%20an%20evidence%20based%20approach,%20Clearing%20Misconceptions%20and%20experiencing%20therapeutic%20aspects%20of%20music.pdf
- Sundar S. Traditions and Cultural Diversity in Music Therapy. Spotlight speech. Proceedings of 14th World Congress of Music Therapy. The IMC University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria. July 7-12, 2014 available at http://www.musictherapy2014.org/fileadmin/download/Congress_Proceedings.pdf
- Sundar Sumathy. Music Therapy Training from West to East” Roundtable. Proceedings of 14th WFMT World Congress of Music Therapy. Vienna/Krems. Austria. July 7-12, 2014. 248-249 available at http://www.musictherapy2014.org/fileadmin/download/Congress_Proceedings.pdf