Statutory Cells & Committees
Main Objectives of OBC Cell:
- To educate, enlighten and empower the students and staff of OBC categories in the university to make use of the facilities extended by the Govt. and other agencies for their educational & occupational career.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in university and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes of the Government of India and UGC.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non teaching positions in the universities and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
- To organize the Continuing Education Programmes (CEPs) for students, researches, teachers and non-teaching staff of the university to update their knowledge and skills.
Functions of the OBC Cell:
- To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by the University/ Government of India and UGC (University Grant Commission) and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admission of candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes in the University and colleges for different courses in prescribed form within the stipulated date, and to take follow-up works, where ever required.
- To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by Government of India and University Grants Commission’s decisions in respect of appointment and promotion for teaching and non-teaching posts in the University in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action where ever required.
- To collect reports, orders and information issued by Government of India and the UGC on the various aspects of Education, Training and Employment of other Backward Classes candidates for evolving new Policies or modifying existing policies.
- To analyses information so collected and prepare reports and digests for onward transaction to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, University Grant Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To monitor the working of the remedial Coaching Scheme in the University for OBC students, including Minorities students.
- To organize and monitor special coaching/training/ remedial coaching scheme in the University for OBC and Minorities students to prepare them for UGC-NET/SLET/JRF/SET/other Competitive Examinations.
- To co-ordinate through university with Govt. (State & Central), UGC and such other organizations to get Scholarship/freeship/other financial benefits for OBC & minority students.
- To deal with representations received from Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Minorities Candidates regarding their admission, Scholarships, Recruitment, Promotion and other similar matters in the University.
- To function as a Grievances Redress Cell for the grievances of OBC students and staff including Minorities students and employees of the University and render them necessary help in solving their academic, research as well as administrative problems.
- To maintain a database of candidates belonging to OBC and Minorities in the University and colleges to facilitate in placement service.
- Any other works assigned by the University from time to promote higher education among OBC students and staff.
- The OBC Cell will exclusively look after the work related to the OBC and Minorities, No other work will be assigned to it.