INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Fellowship in Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia
- Number of fellows intake: 2 per academic session
- The candidates will be recruited as fellows but work under the designation of the senior resident, and will be provided with the stipend of the senior resident, which is approximately Rs. 75,000/- per month which may change according to the hospital management policy at the time of recruitment
- The candidates will be posted individually in the Operation Theatres with predominant exposure to the Regional Anaesthesia.
- The Fellows will be expected to prepare and coordinate a Regional Anaesthesia list, for cases posted in the OT’s, with the FUGRA faculty designated as coordinators, every day. They are expected to list the Cases amenable to regional anaesthesia and enlist a regional strategy for each of the cases.
- The fellows will be expected to do at least 5-night duties per month, which are 24hours stay duties, following which there will be a Post Duty off. For the first month, fellows will be expected to do emergency duties alongside senior faculty.
- The fellows will be granted leave according to the institute policy, but are expected to have 80% attendance in order to be eligible for the exit exam at the end of the session.
- Attendance lost cannot be extended into the following session.
- All fellows will be expected to maintain the Daily RA record as well as make academic presentations in the department according to a timetable.
- All fellows will undergo periodic competency assessments during the course, with feedback sessions for the betterment of the fellow and the program.
- The fellowship certificate will be awarded after successful completion of the course and securing above 50% in the Exit exam which consists of a Theory paper and Practical Examination.
- Theory paper consists of 10 essay questions in 3hours
- The practical exam takes place at a later date and consists of 10 stations to cover all aspects of USGRA.
- Application is available online throughout the academic year on the university website.
- The application should be completed online and then a printout of the application along with the required documents, should be couriered to the University.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION
- A covering letter mentioning “Attn: HOD Anaesthesiology” above the subject matter.
- A letter of intent stating personal goals and objectives in undertaking the fellowship
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of reference from recent or current supervisors.
- Application fee of Rs. 500/- as demand draft in favour of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth payable at Pondicherry.
POSTAL ADDRESS :
To The Registrar
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University
Pondicherry, India Postal Code 607402
Last date for application - 30th Nov of the year to be considered for the following year - incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applicants will be expected to attend an entrance examination, consisting of MCQ’s. The date of the exam will be notified to each applicant by the first week of December.
- Applicants will be short-listed based on the performance in the entrance exam
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited for an interview.
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to make an in-person visit to the department to ascertain if it meets their training objectives and personal goals.
- The selected applicants will be notified and will be expected to pay the course fee of Rs 75000/- ( Rupees Seventy Five Thousand only) as demand draft
- Confirmation of enrolment to the course must be submitted within 10 days of receipt of selection letter not later than 30th of January failing which the waitlisted candidates will be invited for enrolment.
- The course will commence on March 1st without fail.
- Enrolment and confirmation course fee Rs 75,000/- once paid will not be refunded.
- An official letter stating the reason for discontinuation must be submitted to the office.
TIMELINE FOR FUGRA
|1.||Academic Session||August 2020 to September 2021|
|2.||Applications||Applications already submitted and the applications to be submitted on or before 25th July 2020|
|3.||Assessment to be followed by Counseling||31st July 2020|
|4.||Publication of provisionally selected candidates||3rd August 2020|
|5.||Fellowship programme begins||5th August 2020|
For more information to please email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org