As a part of capability enhancement program, ‘Human value development’ program was conducted by Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Puducherry for the moral benefit of the students. The program was an interlinked series of three lectures which was programmed across three days ie. on 20.05.2021, 21.05.2021 and 24.05.2021 . The main objectives of the program are:
- To Inculcate Holistic Education program for the students which will improve the learning environment thereby help in fostering character building and incorporating the basics of universal values which will ultimately benefit the students towards academic excellence.
- To make the students to refocus on the basic positive value that underlies all aspects of moral society.
- Dr. Sivan Padma Priya, Professor and Clinical Scientist, Sree Anjaneya Institute of Dental Sciences, Malabar Medical College, Calicut, Kerala for the topic “Happily Here After” with the objectives and outcomes of imbibing the Human Values and Ethics, to understand the importance of being human to human being, to identify the happiness within and its source, to check the level of happiness in each stage of life and to set the aim to reach the happiness.
- Dr. U. Vijayabanu, Head of the Department, Department of Psychology, Bhaktavatchalam Memorial College for Women, Chennai for the topic “Live the life you love”. The lecture insisted the ways and techniques one should adopt to raise up everytime we fall in our life.
- Mrs. Reena Iswariya, Adovocate at the Bar council (Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu) for the topic “Legal Jurisprudence in Inculcating Human Values”. The resource person insisted the values of moral life to be adopted right from the childhood along with the Codes of Law.