School of Biological Sciences
School of Biological Sciences (SBS) is a constituent autonomous institution of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed-to-be University), established under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, accredited by NAAC with A Grade; ranked among the top 100 Universities by NIRF and recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India.
SBS is founded in 2020 in the background of basic, clinical, and translational research and knowledge base of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (SBV). The School offers new research-based learning and skill development programs in a multidisciplinary ecosystem with integral access with other SBV institutions i.e. two medical, Nursing, and Engineering Colleges and One each of Dental, Pharmacy, Allied Health Sciences institutions and connections with bioindustries and global organizations.
With the unique teaching, learning, and research atmosphere, SBS aims to produce human and knowledge capital to meet the future demand of biological sciences. Our academic culture will enable higher competencies and future-readiness leading to career developments in Scientific, Technical, and Administrative Sectors of Government, Industry, biopharmaceuticals, R&D, and academic institutions along with developing potential towards bio-entrepreneurship.
"To be a leading institution of pragmatic learning and student experience in research-based higher education and skill development in healthcare sciences.”
- To impart learning in the breadth and depth of frontiers in fundamental and advanced sciences
- To offer undergraduate, post-graduate and advanced degree programmes providing a unique industry-breadth alongside inter-disciplinary depth.
- To provide informed learning by scientific research.
- To cater on- and off-campus skill development modules as an integral part of curricular learning.
- To create an enriched learning environment with access to recreational and professional opportunities.
- To embark on academia-industry network to benefit student experience and employment opportunities.